So you're a wannabe are you? You wannabe a fitness model? Well, that's good to hear, I would bet a million dollars right now that you look stunning and have a beautiful shape. But what makes you think you can just be a fitness model, and a successful one at that?
This is a cut-throat business with thousands of gorgeous, hard bodies all competing for few jobs. What makes you so special and sets you apart from all the other beautiful faces?
Let me ask you a few questions of the top of my head:
1. Are you tough?
2. Have you a desire to succeed?
3. Does the camera love you?
4. Can you keep in good shape?
5. Are you prepared to educate yourself?
6. Can you act in a professional manner?
These are just some of the many questions you should ask yourself. Before you even decide the type of fitness model to want to become. And they all should be answered with a big YES.
1. Are you tough? Because there are thousands of women, and men, who would love to be fitness models just, like you do. The competition among fitness models to put it mildly is tough.
2. Have you a desire to succeed? Well, only you know that. If you haven't a burning desire to succeed you won't, it's as simple as that. As the saying goes, "Success waits for no man", or woman. You have to go and get it.
3. Does the camera love you? The camera either loves you or it doesn't. If it doesn't it's down to you to keep working with different photographers until you find one that photographs you well.
4. Can you keep in good shape? Being a fitness model means you have to stay in good shape all the year round because you will miss photo opportunities if you don't.
5. Are you prepared to educate yourself? Learn about the industry. Do research and attend shows. Research the show before you go and see whom the important people are. Approach them, don't just stand there looking pretty, you're not the only pretty one there.
6. Can you act in a professional manner? This covers everything you do especially your reputation. This is a business. Whenever you do a shoot you may ask for references afterwards. Your conduct, punctuality, attitude etc, are all considered before they will give you a glowing reference.
These, and many more questions you are going to be asking yourself. Before your dream of becoming a top fitness model becomes a reality?
Fitness modeling is not for everyone. Find out if you have what it takes, and learn all the steps needed to break into this competitive industry and set yourself apart from others just like you.
Invest and educate yourself about the fitness model business. You can do this by learning the techniques, tips, tools, tricks that will get you noticed and keep your face in front of the people who matter the most to your success. The agents, the fitness agency, photographers, magazine executives. Then there's the marketing specialist within the various health and fitness product lines.
There are dangers that you need to protect yourself from. Don't reinvent the wheel learn from the mistakes of others. Breaking into the fitness modeling industry appears more difficult than it is. Most people use too much energy and effort because they are doing it wrong. Then they just give up because they get discouraged and think they will never get there.
Working for athletic equipment companies, getting shoots for glossy magazines, modeling fitness clothing. It's all possible if you know the right steps to take. And taking the the right steps is the edge you need that will make you special and set you apart from all the other pretty faces.